French universities regularly rank highly for graduate study especially in the fields of science and the humanities, innovation, design, technology and Fashion.
Masters in France fall into three main categories:
- Taught Masters (MAs/MScs/MEng)
- Research Masters (MRes/ MA by Research)
- Doctorates and PhDs
Research Masters are often seen as pre-requisites to entering a PhD program. Mostly Indian students will be considering to apply for a Taught Masters.
Thinking about Paris Masters? Let’s explain
Some quick notes about studying Masters in France:
- Language of Instruction/Teaching: You will find that most MS programmes in France are taught in English and hence you should not face any difficulty
- Duration of MS: MS in France can be finished in 1 year. Some French MSs are of 2 years
- Intakes: Most MS programmes in France will begin in September and/or January.
- Fee Range: Course fee for MS in France ranges between 0 to 30,000 Euro. Most MS programmes will range between 10000 to 25000 Euro. Some top MSs in France like INSEAD MS, HEC MS, ESSEC MS, EMLYON MS will go higher ranking between 38000 Euro and 71000 Euro
- Work Experience Requirement: Most MS programmes in France will need at least 2 year of work experience. Recommended work experience is at least 3 years after graduation
- GMAT / GRE: GRE is NOT required to study Masters in France
- English Language Requirement: Either IELTS test or TOEFL test is NOT compulsory if you have finished your education in English medium. However, some Universities may ask for IELTS test score. The test could be done within one month from the date you decide to take the test ie. preparing for the test, registering for the test, to appearing for it. If you need to register for the test or need help or coaching, you could contact us at +91 9820864001
- French Language Certificate / Test: Studying French language is NOT necessary to apply for an MS in France because most MS programmes are taught in English. We however recommend our students to learn a little of French, so that your interaction with others enhances, you could network better, and while finding jobs after MS in France, it is easier for you to prepare for and crack the interview. Check out Alliance Francaise
- Time to Apply: Best time to apply for MS in France is Nov to Jan for a September start. Different Universities have different deadlines. Its best to apply at least 9 months in advance to the MS course start date
- Work DURING your study in France: Students can work up to 20 hours per week part time and full time (approx. 40 hours per week) during holidays
- Work After your Study in France: You could stay back in France for 2 years for job search and work after your MS. You do not need a job offer in hand to stay back
Masters programmes in France
Management: Besides MBA, a lot of students look at studying Masters in Management, Masters in Finance, Masters in Marketing, Masters in Luxury Brand Management, Masters in Fashion Management. Some of the world’s top schools offers these programmes in France
Engineering & Technology: Right from studying Masters in Mechanical Engineering to Masters in Aviation, or from Electronics Engineering to Computer Science, Embedded Systems, Hydrodynamics and Ocean Engineering, France will offer you great quality education
Design: Art and Design Masters in France is huge, especially everything related to Fashion. Paris – the fashion capital of the world attracts international students from all over the world to study programmes in Fashion Design, Luxury Business, Fashion Merchandise, Fashion Styling and such other programmes
Admission Documents required to study Masters in France:
- University application (online or paper). You may need to include photo identification
- Proof of all academic documents and degree possessed (original scanned to be uploaded with the application)
- Transcript of your Bachelors level study (only in case of some Universities)
- A written essay regarding your interest in the study which is also called the Statement of Intent or Statement of Purpose is required
- Recommendation Letters (two) from your college / school / employer
- Proof of English language proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE). Some Universities waive this requirement if you have studied in English medium all thought out in which case a letter from your Institution will be required confirming the same
- Passport copy (front and last page) as well as a photograph of passport size
- A copy of your birth certificate is needed when you apply to a French university, as well as a certified translation showing the birthplace of both of your parents
- Proof of sufficient funds in order to cover your expenses while attending college in France (in case of some Universities)
Once the application is submitted the University will issue you a Conditional or Confirmation offer letter which can be used for a long stay student resident visa.
You need to complete registration and pay the first installment fees and send it to the School. The School will send you details on how to apply for accommodation at this stage. Proof of accommodation booking compulsory when you apply for your French visa to study in France
France Admission CounselingIn case you’re confused about your studies in France, we can help you solve the problem. Once we meet you, and your parents or spouse, we ask you questions to get a clearer idea of your preferences, restrictions, and goals. This will allow us to make a range of suggestions with regard to locations and universities. With more discussions we’ll help you pick between them and narrow it down to the right selection of safe, moderate and ambitions options. We will make your process of studying in France hassle-free.
We are experts at what we do.We started in 2002 and have helped 1000s of students (personally) since then. The collective experience of our team of experts go beyond a 100 years. Many of us have studied abroad and know exactly what your requirements will be, what kind of universities should be best suited for your future, what you need to do to get there.
We are extremely personal. Students ask us 1000s of questions and we enjoy replying to these. You will have one dedicated team member who you will be able to contact throughout the service. We don’t count the number of hours spent on you. We don’t shed away responsibilities. We work on your side and have just one thing in mind—to get you your best in your career
We keep in touch with Universities. We keep in touch with our past students. We know exactly what a University will require or we can identify it very (very) easily. We help you build your profile, craft a great resume, and statement of purpose (SOP)/essays and bring out the best in you while presenting you to a University. Chances of your admissions evidently rise because we are around.
We help you right from start to end in the process ie. from selecting the right course and university list, documentation preparation, filling out and checking of forms, applying to universities, to securing admission offers, helping you finalize the best choice of university, visa guidance (including documentation, mock interview rounds, application), accommodation booking and much more. Hey! IELTS coaching is also available at our centre. We are brilliant with our essay editing services (remember – you will have to end up writing 18 to 24 essays when you apply to 8 to 10 Universities). We are simply there for everything! #enoughsaid
Mostly all of our students are through word of mouth. You will ENJOY your process and will not have to think how ordinary a question is while you ask us. We reply. We ensure that you remain satisfied. Nearly all our students would give us a 100/100 for our services.
a few things, a little bragging
Over 70% students secure some scholarship / funding
16+ years of experience in placing students worldwide