A bachelor’s degree in France usually takes between three to four years of full-time study.
Higher education is divided into two categories in France, one is provided by universities, while the other is offered by specialist institutes known as grandes ecoles. Grandes ecoles focus on providing education in only one subject in which students can specialize. In these schools, students have to complete rigorous education curriculums, which include several hours of study and regular oral examinations with professors. Studies at public universities can generally last for up to 4 years. Short-term courses provided by universities usually go on for 2 years and prepare students for a specialist field.
Quick notes about studying Bachelors in France:
- Duration: Bachelor degrees in France are 3 to 4 years long
- Start Date: Most undergraduate programmes in France begin in September
- Courses Taught in French: Most undergraduate programs in France are taught in French
- Courses Taught in English: Several Universities in France offer undergraduate courses which are taught in English but the number of programmes are very limited. Thus, having a knowledge of French is necessary. Classes to learn French are available in all Universities in France and they can even be free for international students
- Entry Requirement (your qualification): Students from India can study in France after their 12th std. If you are selecting admission into grandes ecoles, you are required to have a baccalaureate or equivalent. You will have to provide your transcript, statement of purpose or essays (some universities may ask for these), recommendation letters (2) from your school / college teachers, proof of funds, passport copy, completely filled application form, IELTS or TOEFL score report
- English Language Requirement: All students must take an English Language test ie. either IELTS test (with a recommended score of at least 6.0 overall) or TOEFL iBT test (with a recommended score of at least 80 points)
- Work during Study: All international students are eligible for 20 hours per week of part time work during course and full time (approx. 40 hours per week) during holidays
- Best Time to Apply: You must apply to France in October or November for the next September start
France Admission CounselingIn case you’re confused about your studies in France, we can help you solve the problem. Once we meet you, and your parents or spouse, we ask you questions to get a clearer idea of your preferences, restrictions, and goals. This will allow us to make a range of suggestions with regard to locations and universities. With more discussions we’ll help you pick between them and narrow it down to the right selection of safe, moderate and ambitions options. We will make your process of studying in France hassle-free.
We are experts at what we do.We started in 2002 and have helped 1000s of students (personally) since then. The collective experience of our team of experts go beyond a 100 years. Many of us have studied abroad and know exactly what your requirements will be, what kind of universities should be best suited for your future, what you need to do to get there.
We are extremely personal. Students ask us 1000s of questions and we enjoy replying to these. You will have one dedicated team member who you will be able to contact throughout the service. We don’t count the number of hours spent on you. We don’t shed away responsibilities. We work on your side and have just one thing in mind—to get you your best in your career
We keep in touch with Universities. We keep in touch with our past students. We know exactly what a University will require or we can identify it very (very) easily. We help you build your profile, craft a great resume, and statement of purpose (SOP)/essays and bring out the best in you while presenting you to a University. Chances of your admissions evidently rise because we are around.
We help you right from start to end in the process ie. from selecting the right course and university list, documentation preparation, filling out and checking of forms, applying to universities, to securing admission offers, helping you finalize the best choice of university, visa guidance (including documentation, mock interview rounds, application), accommodation booking and much more. Hey! IELTS coaching is also available at our centre. We are brilliant with our essay editing services (remember – you will have to end up writing 18 to 24 essays when you apply to 8 to 10 Universities). We are simply there for everything! #enoughsaid
Mostly all of our students are through word of mouth. You will ENJOY your process and will not have to think how ordinary a question is while you ask us. We reply. We ensure that you remain satisfied. Nearly all our students would give us a 100/100 for our services.
a few things, a little bragging
Over 70% students secure some scholarship / funding
16+ years of experience in placing students worldwide