Isn’t this the first aspect that comes to your mind when you think about studying in Canada? Indeed you must add up a list of costs when you decide to study in Canada. Before we talk about it, remember that education is an investment and students have done very well for themselves in Canada, not only recovering costs but have even made fortunes and becoming citizens of the country.
Cost of studying in Canada can be divided into three categories (for ease of understanding):
- Cost of Application (including academic entrance tests)
- Tuition Fees and Living Expenses
- Other Costs (like insurance, visa fee, air ticket, etc.)
Cost of Application:
- Application Fees:CAD$ 50 to CAD$ 250 per University and College (Although many colleges give Application fee waiver)
- Courier Charges: Rs 1200 to Rs 1500 per University (Canadian Universities need hard copies of your authenticated documents like transcripts)
- Academic Test: Academic entrance examinations will cost you around US$ 100 to US$ 200 per examination, and most students take at least 2 tests. Assume that you will be spending at least US$ 500 on tests
- Score Reporting: Test scores like GMAT, GRE, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS have to be reported by the testing agencies (like ETS), which may cost up to US$ 30 per University (an average cost for reporting scores of all tests you may have taken). Not required when applying to a college
Note: Add some counseling charges that you will be paying to your counselor. To remind you, we enjoy saving your money!
Tuition Fees and Living Expenses:
Estimated tuition fee (per year):
Universities : CAD$ 12,000 to CAD$ 22,000 annually on an average
College: CAD$ 13,000 to CAD$ 17000 annually
Estimated Living Cost: CAD$ 10,000 to CAD$ 15,000 per year. An average of CAD$1000 to CAD$1250 per month should be considered as safe. Expenses could be higher in downtown Toronto.
This includes your accommodation (room and board), travel, food, some books, some clothing and may be some entertainment expense too.
Please find below a range of costs that have been considered while estimating the above listed living expenses:
- Books and study materials will cost CAD$1000 approximately per academic year
- Travel costs within the Canada will be between CAD$ 800 to CAD$ 1000 approximately
- Room and Board will cost between CAD$ 4,800 and CAD$ 7000 approximately per year. A higher cost would be in cities like Toronto
- If you will be living off campus, the cost of renting an apartment will be between CAD$ 400 and CAD$ 1500 a month, but could be much higher contingent on the location of the school.
- Meals should cost about CAD$ 2500 to CAD$ 3000 a year, assuming that you do not fancy too many outings
- Personal expenseswill cost around CAD$ 2000 to CAD$ 3000 approximately per year
The College Board publishes college costs, required admissions tests, and other useful information in The International Student Handbook of US Colleges
Air tickets: CAD$ 1000 to CAD$ 2000 (depending when you finish your admission process and / or book tickets)
Health / Medical Insurance: CAD$ 300 to CAD$ 500 per year per person
Car: If you wish to buy a car, assume that it will cost you around CAD$ 4000
Family Member: If you take along other family members with you, assume that your annual expenses will increase about to CAD$ 4000 to CAD$ 5000 approximately for spouse and CAD$ 3000 for each additional family member
Cost of Studying MBA in CANADA: Average course fee for MBA in Canada ranges between CAD$ 25,000 to CAD$ 60,000 for the full program (typically ranging from Rs. 12.5 lacs to Rs 30 lacs). Note: Higher fee does not determine the quality of the MBA and does not affect the MBA rankings.
For a list of Canadian MBA programs with their approximate tuition cost check MBA in CANADA
Cost of Studying MS in CANADA: Course fee for MS in CANADA ranges between CAD$ 18,000 to CAD$ 45,000 for the full program (typically ranging from Rs 9 lacs to Rs 23 lacs). Note: Higher fee does not determine the quality of the MS program.
Cost of Studying Bachelors in CANADA: Course fee for Bachelors in USA ranges between CAD$ 15,000 to CAD$ 60,000 per year (typically ranging from Rs 15 lacs to Rs 30 lacs). Higher fee does not determine the quality of the Bachelor program.
Cost of Studying Post Graduate Diploma in CANADA (Graduate Diploma in Canada): Course fee for Postgraduate Diploma in Canada ranges between CAD$ 15000 and CAD$ 17000, equivalent to Rs 7.5 to Rs 8.5 lacs for the entire course
Canada Admission CounselingIn case you’re confused about your studies in Canada, we can help you solve the problem. Once we meet you, and your parents or spouse, we ask you questions to get a clearer idea of your preferences, restrictions, and goals. This will allow us to make a range of suggestions with regard to locations and universities. With more discussions we’ll help you pick between them and narrow it down to the right selection of safe, moderate and ambitions options. We will make your process of studying in Canada hassle-free.
We are experts at what we do.We started in 2002 and have helped 1000s of students (personally) since then. The collective experience of our team of experts go beyond a 100 years. Many of us have studied abroad and know exactly what your requirements will be, what kind of universities should be best suited for your future, what you need to do to get there.
We are extremely personal. Students ask us 1000s of questions and we enjoy replying to these. You will have one dedicated team member who you will be able to contact throughout the service. We don’t count the number of hours spent on you. We don’t shed away responsibilities. We work on your side and have just one thing in mind—to get you your best in your career
We keep in touch with Universities. We keep in touch with our past students. We know exactly what a University will require or we can identify it very (very) easily. We help you build your profile, craft a great resume, and statement of purpose (SOP)/essays and bring out the best in you while presenting you to a University. Chances of your admissions evidently rise because we are around.
We help you right from start to end in the process ie. from selecting the right course and university list, documentation preparation, filling out and checking of forms, applying to universities, to securing admission offers, helping you finalize the best choice of university, visa guidance (including documentation, mock interview rounds, application), accommodation booking and much more. Hey! IELTS coaching is also available at our centre. We are brilliant with our essay editing services (remember – you will have to end up writing 18 to 24 essays when you apply to 8 to 10 Universities). We are simply there for everything! #enoughsaid
Mostly all of our students are through word of mouth. You will ENJOY your process and will not have to think how ordinary a question is while you ask us. We reply. We ensure that you remain satisfied. Nearly all our students would give us a 100/100 for our services.
a few things, a little bragging
Over 70% students secure some scholarship / funding
16+ years of experience in placing students worldwide