- Optional Practical Training (OPT): Time period when UG & PG students, after graduating, are permitted to work for a max. of 1 year to acquire practical training in their fields.
- Associate Degree: In the USA, an associate degree is equivalent to the first two years of a four year college or university Bachelors degree. It is an academic degree awarded by the community colleges, junior colleges, business colleges and some bachelor’s degree upon completion of a course of study usually for two years (60 credits). It is the lowest in hierarchy of post secondary academic degrees offered in USA
- Credential Evaluation: Many institutes will ask for a credential evaluation or a course-by-course evaluation from bodies like ECE and WES. Essentially, these are recognized organizations that convert your % or 10 scale GPA or other grading systems to the standard USA 4.0 scale GPA. You will have to send your academic documents to these companies and they will then assess your marks and give you a revised transcript. You will have to ask them to send the evaluation report to the universities that have requested it, just like you report your GRE, GMAT or TOEFL scores to universities.
- Freshman:A first year undergraduate student is called as a ‘Freshman’
- Sophomore: term used to describe a student in the second year of study (generally referring to high school or university study)
- Junior: A term used to describe a student in the third year
- Senior: A term used to describe a student in the final year (generally fourth year)
- Transfer: Students, who have completed a part of their undergraduate degree and want to go to the USA, can apply as a transfer student. Students generally prefer to transfer after finishing their first two years of undergraduate studies (ie the associate degree). Admissions in to the third year of undergraduate studies is easier and widely acceptable by US Universities than in to the second or fourth year
- i20 – Let us complicate this for you: It’s the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status. Essentially, once the university makes you an offer, they will either send the i20 or tell you what are the next few steps for you to complete to get this Form i20. You will need this in order to pay your SEVIS Fee (I 901) and apply for your nonimmigrant visa to study in the USA. Once you’re there, you’ll need it for your driver’s licence (if you can afford a car!) and social security number.
- Intake: when classes begin. Spring – January/ February. Fall – August/ September. Summer – April/ May. Winter – December. Fall is usually the main intake, followed by Spring.
Australia Admission CounselingIn case you’re confused about your studies in Australia, we can help you solve the problem. Once we meet you, and your parents or spouse, we ask you questions to get a clearer idea of your preferences, restrictions, and goals. This will allow us to make a range of suggestions with regard to locations and universities. With more discussions we’ll help you pick between them and narrow it down to the right selection of safe, moderate and ambitions options. We will make your process of studying in Australia hassle-free.
We are experts at what we do.We started in 2002 and have helped 1000s of students (personally) since then. The collective experience of our team of experts go beyond a 100 years. Many of us have studied abroad and know exactly what your requirements will be, what kind of universities should be best suited for your future, what you need to do to get there.
We are extremely personal. Students ask us 1000s of questions and we enjoy replying to these. You will have one dedicated team member who you will be able to contact throughout the service. We don’t count the number of hours spent on you. We don’t shed away responsibilities. We work on your side and have just one thing in mind—to get you your best in your career
We keep in touch with Universities. We keep in touch with our past students. We know exactly what a University will require or we can identify it very (very) easily. We help you build your profile, craft a great resume, and statement of purpose (SOP)/essays and bring out the best in you while presenting you to a University. Chances of your admissions evidently rise because we are around.
We help you right from start to end in the process ie. from selecting the right course and university list, documentation preparation, filling out and checking of forms, applying to universities, to securing admission offers, helping you finalize the best choice of university, visa guidance (including documentation, mock interview rounds, application), accommodation booking and much more. Hey! IELTS coaching is also available at our centre. We are brilliant with our essay editing services (remember – you will have to end up writing 18 to 24 essays when you apply to 8 to 10 Universities). We are simply there for everything! #enoughsaid
Mostly all of our students are through word of mouth. You will ENJOY your process and will not have to think how ordinary a question is while you ask us. We reply. We ensure that you remain satisfied. Nearly all our students would give us a 100/100 for our services.
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Australia, Canada, Dubai, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA
a few things, a little bragging
Over 70% students secure some scholarship / funding
16+ years of experience in placing students worldwide