ILW specializes in guiding and recruiting eligible students to diverse and distinguished Universities and Colleges.
Call us now on +91-98208-64001 for free counselling. Enjoy our 10 years experience. Meet Universities. Gain the ILW Advantage.
Visa Guidance - Studying in UK
You need to apply for a UK student visa (Tier 4 visa) at VFS UK Visa Application Centres
The information below is for simple understanding and visa application must be made with utmost care. ILW counsellors can assist students to apply for their Tier 4 (student) visa.
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS): CAS is received from your University which awards you 30 points
- Financial proof: Proof of funding for your tuition fee and living expenses offers you additional 10 points towards your visa application
- Total funds to be shown: Liquid Funds equivalent to tuition fee for year 1 of studies plus maintenance funds (depending on the location of your University) are required to be shown
- Maintenance funds if your UK University is in London: If your University is within inner London borough limits, the maintenance funds required to be shown is equivalent to GBP 7380
- Maintenance funds if your UK University is outside London: If your University is outside the inner London borough limits, the maintenance funds required to be shown is equivalent to GBP 9180
- How to show the funds: The funds could either be available in savings bank account of the student and/or parents or an educational loan sanction letter is required to cover the total calculated cost. The funding can be a mix of both: own funds and education loan
- The funds in the savings bank a/c must be at least 28 days old
- Students must make an appointment at the Visa Facilitation Service (VFS)
From 20 May 2013, if you apply for a Tier 4 UK student visa you may have to sit for a short interview when you attend the visa application centre to submit your application and biometric information.
The interview will focus on your reasons for coming to the UK; this is known as a credibility interview.
A report of the interview will be sent to the visa officer who will consider it alongside your visa application and supporting documents. You may be called for a further interview if the visa officer needs more information.
Visa interview for all students is compulsory at the visa application centre.
ILW counsellors can guide students on collecting the right documents, presenting the same correctly, help fill out the application form, book the appointment and discuss on all the information that could be helpful to ensure the visa process is smooth. Kindly note that the decision on visa application is at the sole discretion of the entry clearance officer
"Team at ILW played vital role in helping me chose the right direction in my career. Their experience helped me in selecting the right course and the right University list. Here I am now at Imperial."
BSc Biochemistry, Imperial College London
Study for 6 months with
20 hrs part-time work
Work for 6 months full-time.
Paid work provided by the Institutions
Where are the UK visa application centres?
Here is the list of UK visa application centres
How soon can one apply for UK student visa?
You can apply for a UK (Tier 4) student visa only within 90 days of your course start date